Links, Databases and Servers
The UK MRC Human Genetics Unit in Edinburgh is developing a digital atlas of mouse development and database to be a resource for spatially mapped data such as in situ gene expression and cell lineage.
Established 2002, EMAGE is an MRC-funded project to develop an analysis system for in situ gene expression data in the mouse embryo.
Is a consortium of laboratories working to provide the scientific and medical community with tools to facilitate research.
Our goal is to discover genes responsible for renal development, disease, their proteins and their actions.
Ascertaining when and where genes are expressed is of crucial importance in order to understand physiological role of given gene/protein and interactions between them.
Is a new technique for three-dimensional (3D) imaging of small biological tissues.
Medical Research Council
- MRC Human Genetics Unit Intranet
- Medical Research Council
- List of MRC Units, Centres and Institutes
- Research Councils UK
- Medical Research Council: Annual Reports
- Mutability: Check mutability of a DNA sequence.
- LAMS (Laboratory Animal Management System) software is no longer available or supported by the unit.
- Prediction of DNA mismatch repair gene mutation status in incident colorectal cancer cases.
An MRC Human Genetics Unit and Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine symposium to honour the retirement of Professor Howard Cooke
- The Sharon Stewart Trust Aniridia Discussion. The Medical Research Council, Human Genetics Unit, Edinburgh, Scotland U.K. 1/2 July 2010
PLEASE NOTE: all the communications and talks at the meeting are under "Chatham House Rules" that is to say the data cannot be discussed with others most of the material is unpublished and confidential.
Users must NOT allow the password to be available to any non-participants.
Software and Data Sets
- The Human PAX6 Mutation Database
- The Human MLYCD Mutation Database
- The Human PAX2 Mutation Database
- SRY (sex determining region Y)-box 2 (SOX2)
- Orthodenticle Homeobox 2 (OTX2)
- The Nuclear Protein Database
- RPGR Variant Database
Human Genome Sites
- National Center for Biotechnology Information
- University of California
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Computational Biosciences
- DNA Data Bank of Japan
- DOE Joint Genome Institute
- European Bioinformatics Institute
- Sanger Centre
- Stanford Human Genome Center
- Whitehead Institute
- The National Library of Medicine of NIH USA.
- The Cooperative Human Linkage Center (CHLC)
- The Jackson Labs
- The Jackson Labs BioInformatics Server.
- Institute of Biosciences and Technology Texas A&M University.
- BioNet Web Site (BioSci newsgroups etc.)
- HUM-MOLGEN Communication forum in Human Genetics.
- PCR and multiplex PCR: guide and troubleshooting (Indiana University)
- Wellcome Trust
- The Dictionary of Cell and Molecular Biology
- ESRC Genomics Network
- Scitable from Nature Publishing Group created for faculty and students alike in Biology, Genetics, and other related fields. Scitable, which currently focuses exclusively on the field of genetics, is built on a free library of overviews of key science concepts compiled by the trusted editorial staff of Nature Publishing Group.
- The Scottish Collaboration for Public Health Research and Policy (SCPHRP) is a public health consortium with members drawn from research, policy and practice. It has been tasked with creating strategies to tackle Scotland's poor health record.
Hosted Sites Archive
Research Media Ltd, Interview: Professor Nick Hastie